Helena, MT High 87 Low 58
I’m behind on blogs again but at least this time I know why.
We finally reached a decision on that horrible couch situation. We decided that we were going to spend money on changing the Bungalow or on chiropractors. The Bungalow won.
First of all Jim had to remove the jack-knife sofa.
That left this really ugly blue rug covering the platform. It looks a whole lot better in the picture than it looked in person.
I wanted it removed and Jim said okay.
You can see some of the slide mechanism stuff that makes this platform a necessity.
Then we went shopping. We had talked about putting wood paneling on the front of the platform and carpeting on the top. We found some carpet we really liked and Jim cut up some wood for the front. I didn’t like the wood at all, so I sent Jim back to the drawing board. He decided to cover the front with carpeting as well as on the top. I love it.
Then the big day arrived.
We went from this
The chairs look bigger than they are because of the angle of the picture. We sat in every chair and loveseat in Helena trying to find something that would work. We measured and remeasured and Jim carried his tape measure with him everywhere we went just in case.
We finally decided to try Joslyn’s Furniture as a last resort. We explained to the salesman what we were trying to do and he said, “I have the perfect chair for you. I sell these chairs mainly to RVers.” They are La-Z-boys and the minute my butt sat down, it knew this was it. They are the perfect size rocker/recliner. (I do need to use my stool in order to get in my chair because they sit up on the platform.)
Big problem – they are mauve. Definitely doesn’t go with our blue furnishings in the Bungalow. That is what brought about the carpet removal from the platform. Now we (by we I mean Jim) is going to cover the valance. He took off the side pieces and I really like the fact that they are gone. Simple is good.
All these changes meant we had to get a different set of steps for the girls to get on the bed. They were used to getting up on the bed from the couch and they can’t do it from the chair. The steps we had were not tall enough for the bed so off to Amazon. Got the new steps and they are the perfect height but the plastic was causing the girls to slide going up or down. Not a good thing with their touchy backs. So we (Jim) covered the steps in left over carpet and they are just perfect.
The fish bedspread just doesn’t go with the pretty new chairs and Jim and I were going to go shopping for something different. But first we had to hit some garage sales with my sister. And look what she spotted for us. It matches perfectly with the chairs and it cost us all of $3.00. It cost us more than that to wash and dry it. (There is just no way to take a picture of our bed without a couple of doggie lumps under the cover.)
Sure makes the dinette benches look really ugly. Hint, hint, Jim.